The Funeral Home
- Helps confirm the reality and finality of
- Provides a climate for mourning and the expression of
- Allows the sorrows of one to become the sorrows of
- Is one of the few times love is given and not expected
- Is a vehicle for the community to pay its
- Encourages the affirmation of religious
- Is a declaration that a life has been lived as well as
a sociological statement that a death has occurred
Types of Services
Every life that was lived is unique and thus there are unique
ways to honor each individual.
There are many ways to create the appropriate memorialization for
Traditional Services include a visitation,
funeral in the chapel or church and burial. It should be noted that
embalming is not required by law. However, if an open-casket public
visitation is desired, it is a policy of the funeral home that
embalming is performed.
Graveside Services are services that take place
at the place of burial. There are usually no services at the
funeral home or church. There may or may not be a visitation prior
to the graveside services.
Cremation Services can include various options.
A visitation and funeral can also take place before the cremation.
Some families opt for direct cremation, with no visitation or
funeral service. A memorial service can be conducted after the
cremation with or without the cremains present.
Monument Sales are provided through Carpenter
and Ford Funeral Home. Please contact the funeral home
and we can assist you with your headstone and monument needs.
In addition to the above listed services that the professional
staff of Carpenter and Ford Funeral Home provides
to their families, they will also gladly assist with any and all of
the following if needed -
- Assistance with purchasing plots and opening and closing of
- Assistance with florists, refreshments for the family during
viewing times and after service dinners.
- Publicizing death announcements with various media.
- Assistance in finding a minister and/or musicians for funeral
- Assistance in finding services such as grief counseling
and financial counseling.